Tuesday 18 May 2010

"Girl with a Bird"

I'm so excited to have finished this today ~ A portrait of my eldest daughter inspired by a recent outing to our local sanctuary,
I must have taken about 10 proofs to come to this, unusual for such a small linocut (it's only five inches high) but I was very definite about the expression I wanted to capture ~ halfway between joy and mischief. I love the way they are really looking at each other. Despite it's public title, this one will always privately be known as "Maia and the Bird" in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely print. The subject matter I like and the sense of movement, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie
    The printmaking workshop was really enjoyable, with quite a lot to learn - and a ready supply of tea and coffee! Enjoy your day there, tomorrow. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful. I think "Maia and the bird" is a more beautiful title but understand why you would want to keep that private

    xo

    Thanks for your message. I've got to have a bit of surgery but still waiting on some tests xo

    ReplyDelete