Saturday 13 August 2011

Inside the Balloon Room at Tate St Ives


We finally made it into the fabulous installation at the Tate St Ives. I've been promising the girls for ages and we were walking past yesterday so grabbed the moment. It was the best £6.50 I've spent in ages, as you can see they loved it. I thought the little one would be a bit freaked out by it, the balloons are about 7 feet deep in places, but she only held my hand for a little while before taking off, swimming and shrieking through the room.

It's chaotic and does bad things to your hair. You can feel the staff struggling to retain control over the piece and lots of people prefer to observe rather than participate. But we loved it!



1 comment:

  1. It's clear from these photos that lots of fun was had!! Will you be tempted to visit again before the exhibition closes, I wonder? x

    ReplyDelete